View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
KitCat

Re: Anyone from Ontario on this board?

Hi Caya,

My cancer centre is at Credit Valley Hospital, it is the newest regional Cancer Centre in this region. My radialogist is from Princess Margaret . I live 5 minutes away from the hosptial. I would have preferred Princess Margaret but they assured me the standard of care for chemo, radiation is the same. I actually am seeing a breast surgeon next week from Mt. Sinai, she also specailizes in breast oncology at Princess Margaret .I wanted her opionion as they rank as " the best".... I will be discussing breast reconstruction . It is a scary road! I feel that i have conqueered the hardest part, mastectomy, chemo, TCH x 6 rounds. it was doable.I twin boys age 9 and I still had the energy to play with them and get mad at them!! LOL....

Yes we are very lucky indeeed for our Health Care System that everything is covered and we are all treated for what we need, free of charge! I know i am in the best hands but still continue to be my own advocate and on top of things. I notice that my Oncologists don't really push Clinical Trials, ( they say I am on Hercepton and that should do it). Is that because I am stage 2b? I would be very interested in this TDMI vaccine or Tykerb..( I keep reading about) .any thoughts or input?As all of you I want to do anything I can to be proactive. You are all a very wise bunch and I appreciate any input!

Thanks pinkgirl! I know if i need , they will give! Have a great wek-end all ! It is so beautiful outside!

Hugs
Cathy xox
Grade 2
1/16 lymph nodes positive
Started TCH June 2010 every 3 wks. x 6
Port installed end of June
Rads x 35
Continue Hercepton for one year.
KitCat is offline   Reply With Quote