View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #37
Nancy L

Re: Chemotherapy Permanent Hair Loss

I have a custom piece that is bonded to my head. So it is like having my own hair. I sleep with it, wash in the shower, etc. i go to the shop once a month. They take it off and rebond. When I am feeling okay I am an outdoor person. I don't ever have to worry about the wind or a wig moving on my head. I have to drive an hour to the shop but Bette, the owner, has been wonderful to come to my home when I have been sick, spends the night and does my hair in my kitchen. She has become a good friend. Here is her website where you can learn more about this option. It is not just for Hollywood celebs. I see all the women coming to her shop. I read somewhere that one out of every one hundred women suffer from some degree of hair loss independent of drug side effects.
http://www.grafftech.com/
If you call her, I am sure she can tell you if anyone near you is in this business. She has been doing this for a long time and knows others in the business all over the US.
Hope this helps. It is not cheap but I decided I would rather do this and cut back on something else.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote