View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Jean

Re: I'm helplessly Drowning in a Sea of Pink

Dearest Jen,
I hear your anger and who can fault you? As Steph mentions anger is part of the process...just last week I posted about Brenda (another sister of ours who lost her brave and hard fight) with this beast. I was very angry also.

Your mother was one of the first women who reached out to me when I first joined the site. She was encouraging me to fight for herceptin/and chemo (along with Becky) after I had been told no by all 3 dr. in NY and 2 NJ ...She shared her story and her early dx. and it helped me to keep pushing hard as many were against herceptin back in 2005/06...I finally went to Dr. Slamon out in Calif as my last and final opinion. I also met your Mom in person finally out in SDBCS and she and I shopped for comfortable shoes as my feet was so sore from the chemo/herceptin. Why am I telling you this you may wonder...I wanted to share with you that I am angry also to hear that your Mom has fought so hard and is not rebounding back. It is so hard to accept but you do know how special and so very strong your Mother is and always was. I was just amazed at her strength and humor. Her love of you,your daughter and the rest of the family. Who can fault you for your anger today.
Your Mom has been so very strong for so very long.
I am still keeping her in my prayers and yes I am praying for a miracle.....please know my heart aches for you and your family.

Kindest Regards,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 10-14-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote