View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #5
Chelee

Re: Need some help...

Thanks Rich. That's more the idea I'm looking for until things improve some. I feel much better now, but sure hate the thought of starting up a new chemo/targeted therapy. I wish the FDA would approve T-DM1 so I could have that at a reduced dose...I'm sure that would give my bone mets a run for their money. After the Navelbine incident my CA27.29 did drop...but just got word they are rising again so I'd like to get started on something?

Jackie I'm sorry for the confusion. I was trying to save ppl from reading a novel and didn't make myself very clear. Navelbine works well for me, but my onc was suppose to start me off on a low dose. Instead she gave me a standard two wk dose of Navelbine, and far too much Herceptin which had very serious consequences for me. Any other idea's of drugs that might not affect my lungs as bad I would appreciate it. I realize there are no guarantees. But I have to do something soon.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote