View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
thinkpositive

Re: Stage IV and totally stressed

Valleygirl,

Oh, if we only knew what the future was. Life is so precious and SO unpredictable. I recently lost my husband suddenly. He was perfectly fine one minute and dead the next. He was only 60 years old. When I was diagnosed with cancer I was so sure that I would die before him. However, that didn't happen.

If you are responding to treatment, you can look at this cancer as a chronic disease that needs continual care. However, it doesn't mean that you are on deaths doorstep. Managing the stress and finding effective coping mechanisms is really important. Continual stress isn't good for you. You might try yoga, meditation, visualization, walking, etc. anything that calms your mind. Find something that helps you cope with the stress.

As far as what you should be eating, the recommendations are no different for you than anybody else. You are ER/PR negative so you don't have concerns that those that are positive have in avoiding certain foods.

As far as working, taking vacations, spending money, I wouldn't let being stage 4 determine what you do as long as you are responding to treatment. None of us can see into the future and you can live many many years with this disease.

I hope that others chime in with some ideas and suggestions for you. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Take care,
Brenda
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote