View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
Unregistered

Re: Would you do WBR a Second Time?? Advice ASAP Please

Joyce, Yes I do have have other mets. I have skin mets on my front breast and lymphedema arm. The current medication seem to be handling it quite well. About Xeloda, I asked it to be added to the Herceptin, Tykerb, Faslodex [I am 15% estrogen and progesteron positive] Zometa, because on my research I found it probably the most effective tool against brain tumors. My neurononcologist approved it for it as well. It has proven it is working for my brian tumors; as said after getting rid of my initial 5 brain tumors, I developed a new one about 4.5 mm, Xeloda was added and it has shrank to 3mm. Next week I will cyberknife it as well.
I am very happy for you, that other have responded to you about gamma knife. That is precisely my understanding, that with gamma knife you can treat more tumors than with cyberknife. I had my second cyberknife as UCSF. That medical facility is also well known for gamma knife. Look up Dr. Patricia Snead there, she is one of the best and an incredibly compassionate doctor [look up her up in the internet]. You need a second opinion for your daughter. Patricia