View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #37
Gerri

This movie, and more importantly the book, Her-2: The Making of Herceptin, a Revolutionary Treatment for Breast Cancer by Robert Bazell, point out how crucial research is and what obstacles researchers must overcome to bring their drugs to market. I agree with CoachPlayWin, it is a great book that gives you the complete history of this miracle drug.

The brave women who blazed this trail for us deserve our utmost graditude. I couldn't help but think of those on this board that are doing the same thing with the T-DM1 trial, and other trials. Thank you, all of you, who are taking part in these ground breaking trials.

Lilly Tartikoff played a huge role in making it possible for this research to move forward. My sister has participated in the REVLON Run/Walk since the first event. She has only missed two times in all these years. I have been walking with her since about 2000. The crowd has now grown to about 50,000. It has become far more meaningful for me since my dx. Each year Lilly Tartikoff introduces Dennis Slamon to the crowd and he talks about the latest research. For the past three years I have tried to get as close as possible to the stage and cheered my head off after his speech. He is my hero.
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault

Last edited by Gerri; 10-19-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: added to it
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote