View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Bill

Smile Latest news on me

Hi Team! I've put off making this post for alot of reasons, but many of my friends here on the site have encouraged me to do it. As most of you already know, I lost my dear wife, Nicola, one year ago yesterday to cancer. The last three or four years have been a rough ride. I know this is going to sound rambly and somewhat dis-jointed, but I'm sorry. I'm trying to get to the crux of the story here without giving y'all my book for free (just kidding). At some point in Nikki's illness, someone signed her up for the Chemoangels program. Chemoangels send cards and small gifts to cancer patients out of the goodness of their hearts, without expecting and most often receiving nothing in return. Not even a thank you. That's part of the deal when you sign up. Well, Nicola received cards and gifts from an angel named Rita, and wrote back to her. (Imagine that). They struck up a friendship, long-distance. We lived in VA and Rita lived in CT. They corresponded and kept in touch throughout Nikki's illness. When Nikki passed away, I called family and friends, and then I called Rita, Nikki's Angel. She was distraught, understandably. We swapped phone numbers and e-mail addresses and that was it, or so I thought. Several months went by and then we began swapping e-mails, and then phone calls, and we realized that we had alot in common. We grew closer. Please keep in mind that during this time, I was living like a hermit, and all I was doing was talking to "my girls" (wink). I wasn't looking for anyone, and neither was Rita. She had sworn off men years ago, because as we all know, most are ***h****. Well, one thing led to another, and we gradually fell in love, over the phone and via e-mail. I decided to move to CT to be with her. To some, it may seem abrupt, but I don't give away my love casually, and those that really know me have been supportive. Rita is an awesome woman. Annually she donates money to a local orphanage so that children can start the school year with new shoes, etc., and with her chemo-angeling, she is a super person. Okay, I've rambled enough. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry to butt in with my own personal stuff, but I was encouraged to do so by my friends here. I love you guys. Take care, Bill