View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #73
tammymarie1971

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Hi Ladies, I haven't been here in ages!! I also wanted to weigh in here...I was dx'd in Dec.'01 and have been stage 4 since Mar'04 with met to liver and then may'05 with bone mets...I have recently (christmas time) found out that there is once again mets to the liver...I had to go off of H in September'10 because of heart issues, scans showed only bone involvement at this point...however I started having issues and my ca15-3 gradually climbed from 88 to 295, scans showed liver tumor, back on H quick!! tumor markers down to 177 with 1st treatment back. However last week tumor markers back up to 255 now and I just feel yuckier...appetite issues, off and on nausea, excessive heart burn, and just generally don't feel sick enough to stay in bed, but not well enough to do much!! Sound familiar to anyone...
Heart is becoming issue again, but I am afraid to stop again because "the big wigs in charge?" have told my onc that I will lose H permanently if I stop again....Hmmmmm dropping dead suddenly because of heart issues is an easier death than the one I have imagined...LOL... I firmly believe that I will go NO WHERE until my Creator says it's time!!! There is freedom in that!!!!
Anyway, cardiologist will try upping my meds first, and then we'll see.

I am going to do the fish oils though and Omega 3..thanks to the wisdom of you ladies!!
I am now waiting for approval and paper work crap to go through so I can add tykerb to my regime...

Next week I get to see my son get his high school diploma!!! He was 8 when I was dx'd..I got to turn 40 last month and my hubby and I have our 20th anniversary next month!!
God has been faithful and merciful to my family and we will be grateful no matter how things "play out".

Thanks for letting me go on and on (not that you had much choice!! LOL)
I hope this post came across as encouraging to newbies as I meant it!!!
Life has been good to me!! Hey there is a song in there somewhere!!!

Love to you all....
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote