View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #68
Kmswilson

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

I found this board and post shortly after I was diagnosed as stage IV in early January 2011. When I received the diagnosis in January, it originally felt like they were telling me there was very little hope and to say my goodbyes. I was devastated for my 4-year-old and 2-year-old. I clung to the fact that my surgeon told me that remission was possible, and however long remission lasted was between me and God. After reading all of the stories on here, I realized it was more than possible, it was going to happen! Every time I read a post from someone else who is stage IV and has beaten the odds, or is around after a long fight, it adds to my resolve to beat this crap into remission until a cure can be found! After my third set of scans, they discovered new liver lesions, and I was scared, wondering if this was the beginning of losing control over this beast. But then I read stories of the many ups and downs throughout these journeys, and it again gives me the boost I need to face it head-on. Thank you all so very, very much for sharing your stories. This is all so scary, but not nearly as much so with so many people to turn to who have gone through the same or a similar experience. I am humbled by all of your courage!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote