View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
'lizbeth

Re: Lancet article: "MRI of little benefit to Most women with breast cancer

Lani,

I am always happy to hear what you have to say. And in fact, I may need an updated education on cancer. I was a voracious student when I was first diagnosed, but then got discouraged and stopped reading. I was under the impression that for some women early detection leads to an effective treatment and prevention of metasis. But not for all women, even with early breast cancer.

I do agree, that cancer needs to be divided into subsets for effective treatment. This one shoe fits all MRI study is a detriment to breast cancer patients. I needed an MRI to get the proper medical care for my breast cancer. If I had opted for a lumpectomy, not knowing I had 2 additional tumors in my breast, the cancer would still have been there growing. Not showing up on the mammograms, nor the ultrasound.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote