View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
TriciaK

Re: Update on TriciaK

Thank you for your comments---They are like hugs! One of my sons visited us this past week and commented that he had told a friend about my being over 80, that I've been fighting cancer for over 25 years and am now doing battle for the 4th time. He said the friend said flatly "I don't believe it! That just isn't possible!" People do have their own opinions about cancer and too many just think it's hopeless, a death sentence, something no one can overcome. I am so glad to have found this website where there are so many warriors, so many who reach out to others and lift each other up. Maybe we need to write a book with all the positive stories in it from this site, even including those who fought the good fight and finished their course. There is so much inspiration here and it appears to be badly needed among those who fear cancer almost irrationally. Many seem to just give up. I have heard of several who have not even told their spouses, as if it were something to be ashamed of. That is so sad! Thank you for being there for me and for each other! Hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote