View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
TriciaK

Update on TriciaK

Just wanted to share some good news---My ca 27/29, which was 131 in May, dropped to 60 in July, and now this past week has dropped to 45. This marker has always been very accurate for me, so when it started climbing about 6 months ago we were concerned. In June the PET/CT showed one larger and many small nodules back in my right lung. We started navelbine alone, because my oncologist felt my ejection fraction was too low for herceptin. I had some unusual and severe side effects, so we stopped a month while my husband and I and oldest son and daughter-in-law went on a cruise to Hawaii. When we got back I had to have an angiogram but luckily it showed my heart improving and my ef up to 55 so the oncologist started herceptin in September along with the navelbine. Two weeks ago and more side effects he dropped the navelbiine, though he hopes to use it again if needed. My white and red cells both dropped and I had to have blood transfusions. I've had the herceptin weekly but starting this week we will do it every 3 weeks instead. I am feeling so much better, even some energy and able to do more. I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised that it has all gone so well. After 25 years and this being my 4th BC battle, I was not so sure I would bounce back so quickly! Just goes to show, Never give up! Hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote