View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
Diana1993

Carolyn,
I didn't care for my onc. at first. I thought he was too blunt, and rehearsed. After 16 years with this wonderful Dr. I have a healthy respect for him. For example, I jokingly said to a replacement nurse, last year " I guess I will have to sell my house to get required drug in the U.S." My doctor called that evening with advice not to sell my house, because the drug in question might add four more months when added to current treatment. I do take printouts of various treatments and he has openly accepted them and reviewed them. He has also taught me that I'm the first test result, meaning, what I tell him during the first part of the visit is the most important follow-up test. I no longer always say "fine" or "you tell me" when asked "How are you feeling"
I guess what I'm trying to say, is, build a relationship with your Dr. I do think the doctors sometime forget each one of us is a unique case, but they have only so many options available. By the way, I have never had a brain MRI. I think I'm too afraid they won't find one (brain), but I'm sure if I insisted I would get one. (MRI)
You have found a wonderful, informative site> I'm a lurker; here everyday, but most of the time too shy, or uninformed to comment.
Love your quote,
Hugs,
Diana

Last edited by Diana1993; 02-14-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: incorrect spelling
Diana1993 is offline   Reply With Quote