View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
jordan

Sheila,
I am sorry to read your post. First of all I'm sorry to hear of your mother's stroke. I hope she will regain strength and function.
You got 2 yrs out of taxol. That was good. But it sounds like with the neuropathy etc it was getting harder to tolerate too. It's a scary time when one med stops working and we have to change to a new treatment. Will it work? How will I feel on it, etc. How long will it work? Taxol only worked 8 months for me. I was on taxol & avastin. I dont know which drug caused what se exactly, but now that I'm on gemzar & herceptin (since Feb) I feel much better. You've got lots of yet unused chemo options - that's always a good thing. I'll be waiting to hear about your scans & next treatment decision. I didn't know dm1 was starting a phase III trial - that's exciting. I've been hoping to get on that too eventually, but if xeloda is a deal breaker that counts me out too - for now. You are always such a support & inspiration to me. Know that I am thinking about you as you wait now for decision on the next treatment plan.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote