View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #72
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

https://www.portpillows.com/
"Hello my name is Amanda Rosen! A couple months ago I came up with an idea to make Port Pillows after some friends of mine said that the seat belt was hurting them when they were in the car driving to and from infusions.

They told me that they would stick the seat belt behind their back, so that it would not rub them. My goal was to find a safer way. This is when I reached out for help from the community. I was able to get supplies donated and people to donate their time to sew pillows. The response was amazing! We donated over 1,600 pillows locally and have personally mailed more then 400 special individual requests both in the United States and internationally. We have delivered pillows to all the Levine Cancer Institute Infusions Centers, Levine Children’s Hospital, Healthy & Home and Home Infusion Locations. We have expanded quickly as you can imagine to several hospitals and support groups across the country. We have just completed an order for a cancer support group in England.

Shipping all over the world. Port pillows are for anyone that has a port! We have all different colors, themes, special interests and children fabric like superhero’s, princesses and themes that are popular for children and adults! We even take special requests if we can!

The best part is that the pillows are 100% free to all patients with a port and that includes shipping. We are asking for donations for supplies and that also supports us being able to continue to provide something so small during such a difficult journey for these very couragous patients. We have had an outpouring of support from volunteers reaching out to see how they can help. It takes all kinds of support to continue this wonderful project and we can’t do it without all of you. A very special lady Mrs. Robin Ciarico Harris is an amazing woman who jumped into action and has become an extension of our family. She is our sewing expert and has put so many hours into this project. We need continued help and support. I have also met a wonderful lady Ms. Susan Morgan with Springs Creative Products Group that has made so many generous donations of amazing fabric. Again the tremendous outreach from the community goes from “Charlotte and Beyond. The community has been great!

We have created a Paypal Donation link because people have wanted to donate and do not know where to go to donate. This money will be used for supplies and shipping! More details to follow regarding a local “Sew-A-Thon/BYOM” at the Morrison YMCA. I’m incredibly inspired by the kindness and generosity. The patients are the courageous ones fighting the fight and if we can provide a little comfort during their journey that is what it is all about.

Many Thanks!"

Amanda Rosen
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote