Thread: Triple Positive
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #24
konagirl

Re: Triple Positive

Dear Hadit, each round was three weeks. I called the first week of each round "chemo heavy" that was all four drugs TCHP, the day after this I received Neulasta. The next two weeks was "chemo light", I just received TC each week. Prior to all chemo, they gave me steroids. My doctor said that many patients can't get through all 6 rounds. Happy that I was able to get through it. I certainly had my days of feeling crappy. Being able to work was a great distraction from my illness. I had my head shaved right after I started, the chemo was going to cause it to fall out so this was cleaner and more empowering. One of my girlfriends went wig shopping with me. Great wig, looked just like my hair and a lot of people didn't know until I told them. I still have my port, my oncologist wants me to keep it in for now. I have to get a port flush every eight weeks. I was diagnosed at 59, right before my 60th birthday. My husband and one of my girlfriends threw me a surprise birthday party. I started my chemo three weeks after that. I finished the year of Herceptin on March 30th of this year. My oncologist was all about the latest therapy regimen. I'm now 61. Just recently had follow ups with my oncologist, surgeon and radiologist, all looking good so far. My surgeon is a colleague of the Doctor at UCLA who developed Herceptin, I told him to please pass on my sincere thanks for giving me and so many women a chance to beat this. Hang in there.
konagirl is offline   Reply With Quote