Thread: Triple Positive
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #22
konagirl

Re: Triple Positive

I was diagnosed triple positive in Feb 2015 after a biopsy. Stage 2. At first they thought that the lump I found in my right breast just before the new year was an abcess. I somehow lucked out and got a teriffic oncologist who put me on the TCHP regimen for 6 rounds of chemotherapy. Did chemo every week for 18 weeks. Managed to not even miss a day of work as I brought my computer with me while I received my infusion. I received great support from my husband and my co-workers. Got a port, best decision ever. Managed to get through all the rounds of chemo. Did develop nuropathy which is very slowly going away. Herceptin is the miracle drug. It started to reduce the tumor in the first three weeks. Had a fantastic surgeon who did a lumpectomy. Clean margins and clean lymph nodes. Then after a couple of months recuperating, I did six weeks of radiation. Just in my first year as a survivor. Feel like myself again. My hair has grown back although now curly. It was rough at times, but I managed to get through everything. Just trying to stay healthy and keep positive thoughts. I do sometimes have anxiety. Busy working on a new project so that's great.
konagirl is offline   Reply With Quote