View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
DianneS

Re: Diet and Nutrition: Research for Breast Cancer Prevention and Risk of Recurrence

Hello Tanya,

I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my questions.

There are so many things in our lives that have to change after this diagnosis, right down to the vitamins taken. I've never read so many labels before. I did look at a bottle of Citrical but decided not to buy it after I looked closer at the ingredients. I am taking a product by Jamieson with calcium/vit D: each tablet is 600 mg elemental calcium from calcium carbonate and 400 IU of Vit D (cholecalciferol) in a base of maltodextrin, mineral oil, glycerin, hypomellose, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, polysorbate 80, water soluable cellulose, brazilian palm tree wax.....interesting binders but I noticed all of the calcium had a combo of these. I take two a day. Is this enough? Also anything harmful in the binding ingredients?

For multis, the ingreds are: Vitamin A from beta carotene, 1660 IU, Vit D3 -34 IU, Vit C - 142 mg, Vit B1 - 16.5 mg, Vit B2 - 1.5 mg, Vit B3 -5 mg, niacinamide 22 mg, pantothenic acid 75 mg, Vit B6 - 2.5 mg, Vit B12 -66.5 mcg, Vit E - 66.5mcg, biotin 66.5mcg, folic acid 0.13 mg, choline cirtate, 16.5 mg, magnesium citrate, 47.5 mg, potassium 15mg, magnanese 2.5 mg, zinc 2.5 mg, iodine 0.037mg, chromium 0.333 mg, selenium 0.333mg, molybdenum 0.016 mg, vanadium 0.016 mg. I take 6 of these powder capsules a day so the figures here are mg's/mcg in EACH tablet.

I also take a 5 mg tablet of folic acid rx'd by my doctor after my aneurysm. Not sure what it is supposed to help.

I take a Vit B complex time released tablet, one daily. (I think it has 100 mg of most of the B vits).

In addition to above calcium/vit D, I take 1000 mg of vit D per day, as well as trying to get sunshine.

Do you see any changes I should make?

Thank you so much,
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote