View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
DianneS

Re: Diet and Nutrition: Research for Breast Cancer Prevention and Risk of Recurrence

Tanya,

Thanks so much for your advice. As you say there isn't much known about these interactions. I just hope & pray that I did the right thing.

AHCC was supplied by my naturopath. It helped keep my white blood count in the normal range and it seemed to help with energy levels. You are right - it is mushroom derived. I believe the mushrooms are grown on rice bran or something like that. There are some studies published about AHCC helping the immune system.

Is there a certain number of cups of green tea one should drink per day?

Also thank you for looking into AOR antioxidants. I have stopped these and am just taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement plus 1000 mg of vit D.

I talked to a pharmacist who said we probably don't need copper, boron or iron in a supplement. A lot of calcium supplements have this as an ingredient. Also I thought this person said NOT to take vit D along with calcium? Is that correct? I cannot find a calcium supplement that does not contain either vit D and/or copper, boron, and iron and also cannot find one that does not have soy or soybean oil in it. I was appalled to see that the calcium/magnesium product I was using, Inno-Cal-Vite, had evening primose oil and soy oil in it! Now I'm not taking anything and am concerned about my bones as I am osteopenic and lactose intolerant. Suggestions?
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote