Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
thinkpositive

Re: Scared

Jessica,

It has been a year since I had my double mastectomy. I was stage 3c. Yep, it does get scary at times. However, I've come to terms with the disease and truly believe that the more stressed out that I get the more vulnerable my body becomes to cancer. Additionally, if my life does get shortened by this disease I want to make the best of each day that I have. I'm convinced that worrying only makes matters worse and certainly doesn't help ward off cancer in any way.

When my mind goes to these dark places, I remind myself to focus on positive things. I visualize my positive thoughts attacking cancer cells. I think of things that I am grateful for. These can be real simple things but they are meaningful things to me (enjoying a cup of coffee, sitting in the sunshine, playing with my kitties, reflecting on meaningful relationships with family and friends).

When I cant sleep, I read books that are uplifting and make me happy. It helps me.

Best of luck to you Jessica. I'm hoping you find a trick that works for you.
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote