View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #96
Carina

I went to see an allergist who specializes in desensitization to get people through chemo. He had not seen an herceptin allergy before but had heard of someone at Harvard who might have had some experience. Roche, the distributor for herceptin in Canada, have also shared some info. with my oncologist (2 cases) and hopefully this will give some insight into a strategy to be able to put me back on herceptin. So far lapatanib doesn't appear to be an option, even on compassionate grounds.

It is now over three weeks since Taxol and I haven't had herceptin since July 28th and I am still reacting. I was in Emergency last Friday in order to get the reaction under control. I am now on prednisone and benadry every 4 hours. I want to get off the prednisone as soon as possible but when I stopped taking it (after 5 days) the reaction came back by the 3rd day. I was really hoping that things would be a bit easier during the break between chemotherapy and radiation. Sigh...

Walked with my family and friends in a fundraiser for breast cancer reseach today. It was really good to be part of something positive and hopeful.
Chemo: AC + T completed 8Sept06, and Herceptin started started 7Jul06 (Herceptin temp. stopped due to allergy)
Hormonal Treatment: 9Oct06 (Arimadex)
Radiation: To start 10Oct06 (5 weeks)
Carina is offline   Reply With Quote