View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
DianneS

Re: Does Herceptin cause sweating?

Hi Cynthia,

I guess chemo affects hormones, including estrogen, which is responsible for night sweats and hot flashes. I seemed to get more of them when I was taking herceptin but they are wearing off a bit since I finished that in Sept. Now I have just begun taking Tamoxifen for the estrogen positive bc - so probably more sweating...good thing I live in Canada, where it's cold!

It's normal to have cold and hot flashes if you are going thru premenopause....have you talked to your doctor about it?

When I was going thru menopause a few years before the bc treatment I read some things that can help.

One is to avoid drinking hot beverages -try tepid. Avoid caffeine. Wear 100% cotton nightwear (it breathes) and 100% cotton sheets. I wear mostly cotton clothing or another natural like wool....layer your clothing so you can peel it off in a hurry :0 also they say avoiding alcohol can help because it does raise your blood pressure and body temp. I've been drinking non alcoholic beer and wine occassionally. Not the same thing for sure, but I'm not into drinking anyway. I don't get the flushed face from it.

Thank goodness you're done with the chemo. Congrats for sticking with it, even though you were so sick.

What kind of chemo did you get?

Herceptin made me tired most of the time and made my eyes watery too. Not to mention bowel problems. How many more do you have?

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote