View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #27
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
The VICTORS in Life KNOW they will survive!

Yes, 4th stage breast cancer (since '95), 80% HER-2+, ER- (since mets into liver in '98) and here I am -- joyful and serene! My spiritual journey began long before I realized it. I always believed in the mind/body "phenomenon" (since the '70s, when PBS began explaining startling and awesome results). The idea resonated instantly in me. Then, after being initially scared to death by the stunning reality of having cancer, I quickly rallied. I became full of something far greater than hope. I truly BELIEVED I had the power to heal myself! And so do we all! We have to reprogram our indoctrinated belief system (from society, parents, etc.). Our minds are like computers. They require reprogramming from time to time, updating our belief system to incorporate fresh insights and the natural evolution of thought itself.

When I was hit the 2nd time, I was at first decimated. What had I done wrong? How had I failed? I'd been instructing my body to heal and stay healed! OH. HER-2? What's that? I get it. IT'S RESPONSIBLE FOR 20-30% of breast cancer! It's a defective gene that overproduces a certain protein and causes cancer. That's what ca is -- out of control exponential overproduction of cells. So -- they know what causes "my" kind of BC! That's great. Cause the same doc who discovered all this at UCLA also developed Herceptin -- to CORRECT the defect. (In my mind, it's like insulin for a diabetic.) I know -- being HER-2+ means you have a very aggressive ca. BUT -- they know what's causing MY ca! AND -- they know how to fix it!! I became elated. Herceptin is our magic bullet.

Add to the recipe a totally positive ATTITUDE, belief in your power to heal yourself along w/ certain EXPECTATION -- and you've got a recipe for success. VICTORS/SURVIVORS aren't just lucky. They KNOW they are calling their desired destiny to them. They own that power. And they thank the Universe, God, their Source, their Creator every day for the gift of each beautiful new day and for their personal empowerment!

I meditate -- eyes closed, focusing only on my breath, driving all mental chatter away. (I breath in through my nose, taking in fresh air and new LIFE, hold on for a bit, energizing my SPIRIT, and then exhale, blowing the air out slowly and deliberately through my pursed lips, kissing all negativity goodbye.) I VISUALIZE myself FAR INTO THE FUTURE.

I have lived to see 4 grandchildren born. What a blessing! The 1st was born in '96, 1 year after my initial diagnosis. After '98 (my met into the liver) I knew I had to hold on to be at her wedding! I see myself clearly there, standing, clapping, smiling, looking ebullient, surrounded by my family and friends (as the bride and groom toast on the dancefloor). I live each day with that vision in my heart. I reject those creepy scary thoughts as fast as I possibly can. I embrace my wellness with clear, conscious intent, focusing all my energy on remaining in remission w/NED. I live with my heart open to receive pure Universal LOVE. It fills me up to overflowing. I offer it generously to everyone I meet. No, I didn't talk to strangers for most of my life. NOW, I do. And that love is returned to me tenfold. Friends tell me I am radiant. They stare at my face. They want what I've found.

I pray I've managed to impart the message to YOU.

With love and healing energy,
ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote