View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
healing

Re: and what have your HERs been up to? Scientist ID many more interactions of her1-4

Dr. Richaed Jones will once again be in attendance at this years Y-ME softball tournament. All funding from the event will be going to Dr. Jones and his research. It's not often one of us gets to meet one of the researchers, so if there is anything you would like me to ask, please let me know. Of course, the question of 'so, when will you find a cure?' will most likely be asked by many of the women there.

This women's softball tournament was started 19 years ago by a bc survivor who wanted to make a differnce. The first couple of years they didnt have enough 'survivors' to play in the 2 inning game and ceremony. Sadly, there are now more than enough to man two teams and all of these ladies are neighborhood gals. This little tournament has grown through the years, resulting in 3 completely funded trials at the University of Chicago. UofC was also a hospital where Dr. Slamon walked the halls!

So, when I shake Dr. Jones' hand and look him in the eye, I will tell him...Thank you from all of us HER2 gals.
Followed by 33 rads
04/2012 - finish Herceptin
06-2013 - sterotactic biopsy confirms 8mm DCIS with a micro-invasion of .5mm
07-2013 double mastectomy...T1mic...2 micro-invasions=.2mm each! Clear nodes...time to heal
healing is offline   Reply With Quote