View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Miriam

Re: herceptin + tykerb (no xeloda)

I started on a Tykerb and Xeloda program about five weeks ago. After two weeks I had to stop because of the diarrea and mouth sores. Long story short my husband saw that something was wrong and called the ambulance. I was in a comma for three days and know nothing of going to the emergency room and hospital. My ammonia count was 150. If it wasn't for my husbands quick action I wouldn't be here today. I had just come from the clinc that day where all they want to do is hydrate when something is wrong.
So have someone watch you closely. If you become disoriented go to the hospital ASAP.

I came down with breast cancer in 2003. Had lempectomy, chemo and radiation. Then a year on Hercesptin. I was clear until July of last year and then my tumer count stated going up. It had spread to my liver and lung.Took Taxol and the tumor count came down from 1300 to 57. Then started going back up 259. So then the Doctor stated me on Tykerb and Xeloda. That just about took my life. So now I just started on Tykerb only. 1250mg. I have been on Herceptin for nine months already.

Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote