View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
AlaskaAngel

Re: Breast cancer, and seeking advice

Hi Harrie,

What good are we for each other if we can't be honest. I appreciate your feedback.

For months I have been doing 30 minutes a day of jumping rope, 7 days a week, along with dieting, with no weight loss at all, and my reward for all that effort has been.... no further weight gain. So the problem for me has been, how do I avoid weight gain if I have a day whenever I am, for example, traveling, or have to be dressed up (and so can't sweat)?

What I have done was to put on tennis shoes and jump rope for 30 minutes in ferry terminals, or anywhere else I happened to be, while keeping my eye on my luggage.... the only other solution has been to cut the diet down to 500 calories on any day when I am traveling or sick or happen to be in medical appointments all day long. I know that 500 calories a day is an unhealthy diet. I can't honestly say that I would think living like that is a realistic choice that I would recommend to anyone.

But if I don't, I put on weight.

So yes, the other alternative is to make sure that I jump rope for 1/2 hour a day (and sweat) whether I am in a ferry terminal or a hospital, or wherever I am, no matter how I might be dressed.... And that still means no weight loss at all.

I thought I was doing exercise that was safe. But several weeks ago I woke up with a back problem from doing this that has taken several weeks to heal, and I am now trying to see if I can work my way back up gradually from 10 minutes of jumping rope a day to at least 20 or 30. In the meantime, what choices would you recommend that I make about diet so that I don't gain weight?

Again, I am asking for very truthful help with what I'm trying to do. Do you personally exercise every day 7 days a week for a full hour without any exceptions? Are you over 55 years of age?

Thanks for thinking about this with me.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote