Thread: What to do now?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
cullenhill@earthlink.net

Hi! I found the the cancer on June 16, 2007 while in the shower. It wasn't there the day before. I 'm not sure of the exact measurement, but when I found it was the size of a golf ball. By the time I go to get it checked out Aug. 14, 2007, it had grown to the size of a small orange. Anyway, once I see onc. He said I was stageIII, Node Positive. I then found out 3 weeks later I was HER2+. Started weekly Herceptin. I really didn't know much about what I had ( So messed up During TAC treatment) until I guess around March 2008. Finally began to get a little clearer head. I never did ask if HER2 changed staging of cancer. One of the Onc. I seen did say that my responce to my treatment was unheard of. He was talking about having cancer in the lympnodes before surgery, then having the nodes clean when the took them out, not to mention for the tumor to be as large as it was, then at surgery, they only found residual minute foci of Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. Anyway that's just the short of my story. Looking forward to getting some imput from you guys. Thanks so much, I have learned so much since I found this site.

Love to all,
Cheryl