View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #17
CLD14

Re: Somethings you just have to tell.

Hi Pat 94...thank you for you thoughts. My hubby said more or less the same...in that not all folks want to hear everything : /
My hubby went through cancer treatment a few years before me...so he does realize what it is all about...one good thing overall/altho in typical male style he didnt talk much/nor does he still...sees no point. He just has had his 5 yr. post treatment annv. and will see his oncologist next month for his final post treatment followup...thankful he is well...he lives w/ permanent side effect damage....his tumor was on his tonsil and in some lymph nodes in his neck...he had chemo/rads/surgery/feeding tube for 14 mos. It leaves all stiff in the neck, swallowing function...salivary glands damaged..thus affecting teeth/mouth health/eating is a slow process...quite an ordeal !

I will be glad to talk about the chemo if you wish...mine lasted 5 mos....I was ill at the beginning...w/the first mix of two drugs...second mix no nausea...so much better...as far as that goes... it was the second mix w/ Taxol that led to the neuropathy for me.
Radiation was fine for me as well. My skin held up great...my dr. recommended aloe vera gel and I faithfully put it on a few times daily. I know a few other gals that have had mastectomies but they have not spoken in much detail about it.
Talk to you later. : )
CLD14 is offline   Reply With Quote