View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
al from Canada

from al

Thanks to all the courageous survivors who remember Linda's battle. Yes, it's been a year and no, the hurt doesn't fade. I have been reading the journal updates but haven't posted for a variety of reasons, none to do with anyone on the board. I find the pain to cancer too much to bear sometimes, and feeling all of you are part of my extended family, it got very painful. Linda's kids live with me, her daughter I am helping with her new (and successful) renovation business, her son, is in college becoming a chef, my son is becoming an accomplished musician, the grand daughter, and I am under constant pressure from the construction community to take-on new clients. In short, in order to get on with your life, family and sanity must come first. I do miss all of you greatly and hope my life calms down soon so I can help make a difference to this wonderful group.

Linda's resource centre was started this weekend and will be completed next weekend. After I assess the needs / shortfalls of our vision, I will looking for support, in terms of reference material, to help stock the new "hard copy" and digital library. The centre will be dedicated to Linda and will be called the "Linda E. Schmidt Patient Resource Centre". Linda's strength and giving was well known in our community and I only wish that she could be here now to see, first hand her kids' successes, and the support and respect her community has shown her. I will post pictures on the album pages soon when the centre is finished.

Love to all and thank you for thinking about us.
Al and kids.