View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #623
kstrahm

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Herceptin has become a side effect nightmare for me after almost 7 years on it. I started it in April 2006 for stage IV with liver mets. It was great at first - just a headache on infusion day and tired that day over the years it has progressed into full blown neuropathy with burning, tingling, numbness in hands, feet, legs, arm, tongue and throat, frequently dropping things and losing my balance as well. It also causes me to be dizzy and have pressure in my head as well as extremely exhausting me. I also have what the doc calls flu like symptoms which is severe pain the day off and day after the treatment in my upper back and neck. Here recently I have almost felt like I was dying the evening of taking it I was so out of it and felt so like nothing I could even explain. The verdict of this since I am NED now and have been for 6 years we are going to stop Herceptin. It is so scary and is a gamble but my body is giving me no other option. I hope to be NED for a long time because I am not looking forward to going back on it anytime soon. I certainly think the Herceptin side effects are cumulative.
kstrahm is offline   Reply With Quote