View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #18
donocco

Re: Need input, KADCYLA or TAS116?

SCG

did some research and at least with IV iron, the faster you infuse the drug the greater the chance of allergic reactions. I would venture to say this is true of all the drugs but I cant be sure. It seems that Iron reactions are complement driven where most other drugs are IGE driven. Despite this I would guess that slower infusions might decrease the
severity of allergic reactions in general. People are so individual everything is an educated guess.

As far as money goes it rules everything but it is easy to get too cynical. I thought previously that subcutaneous Herceptin was all about avoiding IV apparatus and saving money. This may have some truth but they combine the SC Herceptin with Hyaluronidase and absorption is good. I doubt a six hour infusion costs them that much more than a one hour infusion except if every pt seen at the clinic recieved six hour infusions they would see less patients so I guess money is involved there too. The vast majority of patients recieve one hour infusions.

I researched Pyrotinib. It has been used in China in pts pre-treated with Herceptin with some definite results. The dosage is 400mg daily and the main side effect is diarrhea. Other side effects are nausea, oral ulceration and low white counts. The rate of diarrhea is about 45% the other side effects about 10%. This might prove to be a valuable drug in time

Hope this helps

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote