View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #7
donocco

Re: Need input, KADCYLA or TAS116?

Flori

I did some quick research as I know little about shock proteins. Cancer is so complicateds.
These shock proteins are called chaperone proteins and yes they are very necessary for cancer cell survival but getting results by hitting them with drugs is a bit more complicated.

The way to give you as honest an answer as possible is to personalize it. If you were my wife I would urge you to try something else, perhaps Kadycla perhaps an old regimen like CMF (Cytoxan- Methotrexate- Fluorouracil) or even metronomic therapy which is low dose oral Cytoxan (50mg/day) to inhibit angiogenesis.

What I read was not that encouraging. I saw nothin g about breast cancer. There was a Phase-2 study treating GIST a gastric tumour that usually contains a C-Kit oncogene. C-Kit can be hit by Gleevec (imatinib) but tumours become resistant to Gleevec.

I think they gave 160mg TAS-116 for 5 days in a row. I think the median progression free survival was 4 months. There were no regressions but a fairly high percentage of the patients had disease stabilization---for 6 weeks. That isnt too impressive. The side effects were diarrhea, anorexia, fatigue and eye problems that were reversible when the drug was stopped.

There was anotherstudy with non small cell carcinoma of the lung that produced really no results clinically.Theoretically the drug is interesting but clinically?

The drug acts as a radiation sensitizer but is probably too toxic to be used just for this. Ill do more research tommorrow. As I said I just used speed reading to get a basic idea.
Ask your Oncologist why he or she feels it will be valuable. It is possible Ive missed a lot.
Yet you have to remember that Phase 1 clinical studies are legally toxicity studies not clinical studies. The aim is to judge toxicity of the drug at differing doses not clinical effect. Are you sure the study is Phase 1 and not Phase2. Something doesnt add up. Maybe Ill find something tommorrow.

Just remember we are all here for you

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote