View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #43
AlaskaAngel

Red face Re: Breast cancer, and seeking advice

Hi Bill,

I didn't know it was called a speed ball but it does sound like a good idea to add to my routine, especially with the winter ice making it harder to exercise outdoors, where the roads are icy and drivers have more trouble keeping the cars on the road. I need to work on strengthening my shoulder and both arms (which get a workout with the work I do, but always only in one position at the computer). I also think that having some exercise that forces me to look a bit upward helps in terms of aging and posture.

We have just started having temps low enough for some skating here, so I'm hoping for a few more days of it to harden up the lake top and hoping it won't snow on top of the ice. We just finished traveling last week and are happy to be home in time for the holidays.

I weighed in at 20 pounds overweight, and Christmas and New Years are dead ahead. For the office potluck party I am making a low-carb/cal , green and red cabbage dish.

My insurance company also once again is blindly refusing to pay for the visit with the RD that is so key to working on keeping the weight off that leads to recurrences. (It seems they would prefer to pay for the eventual recurrence....!)

Thanks for coming up with another good suggestion to look into.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote