View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
Bebe

Re: Tumor Profiling Lab Tests

I am new member of this forum. I had left mastectomy last May 2011 after undergoing chemo and Herceptin. Herceptin was continued every 3 weeks until December 2011. My cancer recurred on September 2012. At first I had Herceptin from October until December of which instead of shrinking the originally 2 lymph nodes as seen on PET/CT scan, the lymph nodes grew in size and number. I had surgery last Feb 6, 2013. The pathology report after excision: the tumor 2.5 cm on my left chest wall indicated recurrent invasive ductal carcinoma, involving peripheral soft tissue margin, extensive lymph-vascular invasion. Lymph nodes axillary dissection: metastatic carcinoma involving 3 lymph nodes with extracapsular extension (3/3), largest - 5 cm. Lymph node, highest level 2 lympadenectomy: metastatic carcinoma involving one lymph node with extracapsular extension (1/1). I am waiting for my appointment with my onco on Feb 26, 2013. Does anyone had similar situation? My onco before I had my surgery told me that I have to undergo radiation after the scar is healed. Does anyone knew about any other treatments/clinical trials? thanks!
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote