View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
Debbie L.

Re: ER-/PR- HER2 staging poll

Dianne, I don't know that it's specific to Canada, that ER/PR lacks accuracy. My pathology (at a community hospital in California) was ER/PR negative on a large axillary node that was done first, then 5%/1% on the occult breast tumor. It took me two years to gather the gumption and figure out how to have that rechecked. I sent my slides and blocks to Baylor (Texas) for a second pathology and once I hooked up with them, the rest was easy (and inexpensive). Maybe that's an option for you?

Debbie Laxague
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote