View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
phil

Re: important new report: benefit of TDM1 after herceptin + perjeta raises?

what are these other agents besides t dm-1 ? " anti cd347 " , etc. in laymans' terms . immuno therapies ?
the paper keps talking about diferneces in effectiveness between her and t dm-1 . t dm-1 has a chemo, herc is no ta chemo. same with perjeta . not a chemo. that is why I advise stage iv her2 pts who are on herc or herc/ perjeta, who have previously to pert. progressed on herc with taxanes or other tx.'s to still get scanned very regularly, and get blood markers very regularly. perjeta and herc. are not chemos. I have seen some pts do very well on herc/ perj for 2 yrs or so then have the cancer come back . the sooner caught , the potentially smaller target for t dm-1 to hopefully kill.
I wish t dm-1 was around to be used on my wife's one lone liver tumor back in 06 - but it was just in very early phase I testing. we did benefit from an aggressive doc who kept cancer around liver until t dm-1 came along. I feel t dm-1 will be used in future for those w/ strong her2 only overexpression like Lorraine . right at the beginning of stage iv spread or prophylactically , before potential spread.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote