View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
Heathcliff4

Could use some positive thoughts

Hi,

I don't post often (don't even have my stats on my signature). I was diagnosed w. her2+++, er+, pr- stage 2 breast cancer in Aug. 2013. I had a bilateral mastectomy and immediately switched hospitals to UCSF. Despite having surgery already, I was able to get Perjeta as well as perception and the lymph node that had been missed in surgery showed no evidence of disease at my Pet scan in Feb. 2014.

I had a follow up CT scan (every six months) just yesterday that came back with a question regarding a node in my liver. The node had been there before in my first CT Scan in Sept. 2013. It was unchanged in Feb. 2014. It was there again in August and had grown 2mm. I grew again since then, a total of 2mm in the 7+ months since my last scan. However, this was the first time it triggered any concern by radiology.

My doc emailed me at 10 pm about this last night and said that it could very well be benign growth but they wanted more imaging. I managed to get a PT/CT scan this am and am sitting here waiting. I have two young boys (4 and 8), I JUST finished reconstruction and as you all know too darn well, this is a really, really tough roller coaster ride.

Thank you for your support. I am here a lot, just kind of quiet in the background.

Kathryn
Heathcliff4 is offline   Reply With Quote