View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #118
JillaryJill

Re: NEDenise Has Died

Ted, I went to mass yesterday and dedicated my mass to Denise, you and the boys. All of my prayers were offered specifically for your family yesterday. Denise, loved you 3 so passionately, that came through her posts loud and clear. It was so unselfish of you to post the details of the progression that led to Denise's passing. There is so much sadness on this board, but we are also all about the science of what is happening to each of us, hopefully to help someone communicate with their doctors more effectively, or perhaps discover a new treatment plan going forward. Denise would have loved that you shared this information on the board with such grace and candor. Denise and I had private messaged each other a couple of times. She was a person of faith and she communicated that to me. There is a song by Mercy Me, called I Can Only Imagine. It makes me think of Denise. "I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side. I can only imagine, what my eyes will see. When Your face is before me, I can only imagine. Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of You be still? Will I stand in your presence, Or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Or be able to speak at all? I can only imagine...."
I have this vision of Denise dancing and singing Hallelujah!!!
Ted, yes what a tragedy for you and the boys to lose Denise so young and go through the last 3 years of watching Denise suffer. Denise spoke so highly of you and the boys, and I am sure she was comforted by the fact that someone of your kindness and character would be raising those boys.
ER- PR- Her2+++, grade 3, 12 positive nodes out of 15
Stage IIIc
Started TCH/Chemo December 31, 2010
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year
33 rounds of TomoTube radiation, to chest wall, neck, skin and lymph area
September, 2011, MRI to lower spine, hips, DX bulging disk, L4 & L5, pain not from cancer
Expanders removed, implants in Dec 1, 2011
Finished Herceptin, December 21, 2011
August 2012, CT of chest and abdomen, all ok
Enrolled in MC1136 Phase I Peptide Vaccine Trial at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
March 2013, First Vaccine
April 2013, 2nd Vaccine
May 2013, 3rd Vaccine
June 2013, 4th Vaccine
July 2013, 5th Vaccine
August 2013, 6th Vaccine Done!
September 2013, Mayo visit, Echo results 68, vaccine did not effect my heart! Blood work normal.
January 31, 2013, Mayo visit, Echo normal
February 23, 2014, Numb lips on right side, Brain MRI, normal!
June, 2015, Finished the trial at Mayo Clinic. Feels good!
JillaryJill is offline   Reply With Quote