View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Lolly

Hi davidlee;

I have a friend who's had Her2+ Inflammatory BC since 2001, and she's been able to keep it under control with a combo of maintenance Herceptin plus various chemo's. Her latest chemo cocktail is Herceptin plus Navelbine, but in the past she's had Taxol, Taxotere, Abraxane, Gemzar and Tykerb and Xeloda. Usually our onc just has her on one chemo plus Herceptin, but with Tykerb he also had her take the daily Xeloda.
She's been able to take occasional short "breaks" of a couple of weeks, it she needs to travel or just rest up from side effects.
She's done very well so far, and has good quality of life. Able to drive and take care of her husband.

I hope this gives you and your friend some hope.

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote