View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
qpdawlsmom

Re: Is there an "ideal" time of day to take tykerb?

Thought I would check in and let everyone know how I am doing Doctor has allowed me to discontinue tykerb and herceptin after 2 years of treatments. While I am happy not to be taking the meds, I am scared, as this has been the only thing, I think, keeping the her2 at bay. Nervous, and every little pain in my head causes me to immediately think cancer! Will I ever got to the point where I'll just think its a headache? lol. Last pet scan was clear, go back in October for a follow up PET. any comments or suggestions you care to share on your journey after completing tykerb and herceptin treatment? I am thinking my hair will take off and start growing normally, or at least I can hope, lol. I think the tykerb made it extra curly this time around .

Thank you all for being here, this forum has been a great help and source of information for me over the past 3 years of my cancer fight.
SLN biopsy + lumpectomy 5/4/10
2X Lymph Nodes pos + for microscopic metastasis
ct/pet scan 5/27/10 - 1 lymph node "hot"
TCH 6 cycles - completed 5 cycles, x 3 wks, T&C complete-10/8/10
Radiation, daily x 6.5 wks-complete 12/22/2010
Herceptin completed on 5/22/11
PET/CT 6/15/11 2 nodes + her2
axillary LN dissection 7/18/11 3 removed, 2 were + for IDC
IDC stage 2a grade 3 HER2, ER/PR-
4 rounds Adriamycin/Cytoxin every 2 weeks, complete Oct 2011, 750 mg tykerb daily + herceptin dose every 3 weeks, last PET scan NED
Tyker/Hercpetin ended June 2013
October Pet Scan - positive lymph node in subpectoral region - perjeta/herceptin and taxol regimine....X2 now perjeta/herceptin only
qpdawlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote