View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
RhondaH

Thumbs up AWESOME thread!!!!

I TOO love biographies and classical literature. Wow, if you like "heavy" biographies John Adams is good. "Wired" is WAY out there (or at least John Belushi was) and is good. Angelas Ashes is an AWESOME biography. I LOVE Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts (about the WOMEN that helped make the country...nothing dainty about them). Right now I'm reading ALL the Harry Potter books to Tony (6yo). When he was 2 I bought the 1st Harry Potter movie and he became hooked (was Harry Potter for Halloween at age 3, had 2 Harry Potter birthdays, has a Harry Potter bedroom and while due to "peer pressure" for the last 2 years was OTHER than Harry for Halloween, is realizing that it's OK to be his own person and LIKE things other kids don't like, has announced he wants to be Harry again this Halloween...I'm glad. While he has always loved reading and us reading aloud to him(my mom and I will take turns reading outloud to him while he is playing), Harry Potter was one he couldn't get into. Because the LAST movie I felt was TOO MUCH for him, I "previewed" The Order of the Phoenix and told him that unless he read the book, he wouldn't understand what is going on, SO I have been reading The Sorcerers Stone to him and he is REALLY gaining an appreciation for the books and finding out that there is MUCH more in the books than in the movie (ie "That wasn't in the movie") and like I told him, as we continue reading the books ESPECIALLY 4, 5, 6 & 7 he will find out MUCH more). EVERY time I sit down to rest, I hear "lets read some Harry". Good idea for a thread. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote