Thread: night sweats
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #8
agness

Re: night sweats

Hi,

It too am HER2+/HR- and not on anti-hormonals. I had night sweats before cancer and since. I got my period back after chemo.

My Chinese Medicine diagnosis of the night sweats says that it is due to kidney qi deficiency, more specifically kidney yin. It was suggested to me by a different practitioner that perhaps I might just be overheated at night, which isn't an unreasonable suggestion. The other side of that is that I'm often cold at bedtime and cover up well, cold feet and all, then a few hours later I might be awoken to a night sweat. They aren't consistent for me, not even how much I sweat, rarely is it so bad that I need to change clothing during the night.

http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/exam/in...ht_sweats.html

Perhaps totally out there for you, but in Chinese Five Element there is also a 24 hour clock that associates different organ systems with times during the day. You might be able to figure out which of your organs are unhappy when the night sweats happen -- for me it is usually during the time of the liver and gall bladder, 1-3am.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/192951165262228619/

My sweat lately at night has been quite stinky as well. My Chinese Medicine doctor said that this is because my body is detoxing at night. That just shows me that it is likely multi-layered and not clear-cut. Since I've had the night sweats going back to before cancer I figure that it isn't awful but that I'm still off-balance from before.

I'm on Chinese herbs for restoring my balance, including tea pill formulas for energy, kidney energy, liver energy.

I am also still low on magnesium, something that I need to continue to supplement. Low magnesium can also cause disrupted sleep and night sweats and anti-HER2 therapies are all depleting of magnesium in the body. Have you ever had your magnesium level checked?

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesi...toms-diagnosis

HTH
  • 10/27/15 atypical uptake in right cerebellum - inflammation?
  • 12/1/15 Leptomeningeal dx. Starting IT Herceptin.
  • 1/16 - 16 fractions of tomotherapy to cerebellum, break of IT Herceptin during rads, resume at 100 mg weekly
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
  • 7/2016 pseudoprogression?
  • 9/2016 more LM, start new chemo protocol and IV therapy treatment with HBOT
  • 11/2016 Cyberknife to temporal lobe, HBOT just prior
  • 12/2016 - lesions starting to show shrinkage
  • 8/2017 - Stable since Dec 2016. Temporal lobe lesion gone.
  • Using TCM, naturopathic oncology, physical therapy, chiro, massage, medical qigong, and energetic healing modalities in tandem. Stops at nothing.
  • Mother of 2 boys - ages 7 and 10 (8/2017) and a lovely partner with lots to live for.
agness is offline   Reply With Quote