View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
thinkpositive

Re: Asked why I am stage IV again - clearing up??

I still don't understand why you are stage 4. The tumor on my supraclavical was 2.3 cm and I had tumors in my auxilla nodes and in both breasts. I was staged 3c. Not sure that it really matters though.

I did have baseline tumor marker blood tests at the time of my diagnosis. However, my onc has not repeated these blood tests since my original diagnosis.

I had my last herceptin infusion in August and I haven't had any blood test since then. However, I will be having blood tests in Feb before my onc visit. This seems consistent with what your onc is doing.

With the exception of the cold hands and feet, I had the same side effects that you mentioned. I found the runny eyes to be very annoying because I couldn't really manage it well. I'd constantly look like I was crying complete with the tears and puffy red eyes.

All of the side effects resolved themselves shortly after I completed treatment.

My onc suggested only vit D and 150 minutes of exercise per week. However, I do take all of the supplements that you mentioned excluding glucosamine and pro biotics
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote