View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
R.B.

COX2 and BC a cumulative knowledge thread

In my web wanders through the world of fats I keep finding articles linking COX2 expression to BC. The exclusive raw materials for the COX2 production line are members of the omega six and three families AA and EPA respectively.

To save clogging up the Greek Diet thread with technical information I will post the COX2 related items I find to this thread to keep them in one place.

At the most basic level all you need to understand is that Omega six and three compete for the COX2 production line. The COX2 production line has a limited capacity.

Like any production line you can limit what comes out the other end by limiting the amount that is put in.

Limit omega six intake and balance it with omega three and you will limit the production of Omega Six Cox 2 products.

Omega six COX2 products directly connect to aromatase which connects to oestrogen production. COX 2 also connects into immune systems etc.

Here is the first

RB

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum
Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 and induction of apoptosis in estrogen-nonresponsive breast cancer cells by Antrodia camphorata.
Hseu YC, Chen SC, Tsai PC, Chen CS, Lu FJ, Chang NW, Yang HL.

"Analysis of the study data suggests that A. camphorata exerts growth inhibition on (highly invasive) [(MDA-MB-231)] estrogen-nonresponsive human breast cancer cells through apoptosis induction associated with COX-2 inhibition,"

Department of Cosmeceutics, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan.
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote