View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
agness

Re: Just Herceptin and Perjeta - side effects

I had one dose of Herceptin and Perjeta alone after I finished chemo a before I had surgery. I had a lot of muscle cr amount and pain coming off of TCHP and when I got that HP dose it made my feel more achey for 24 hours and then it backed off.

I had my first Herceptin dose last week and the only thing I noticed was that the vein where my port enters was irritated, something that I noticed after chemo infusions as well.

CoolBreeze I find you comment about the MABs (monoclonal antibodies) on your blood to be interesting My white blood cells dropped twice in the past 6 weeks since finishing chemo, and my red counts are slowly creeping back. My Chinese medicine doctor switched me off of a blood formula at the end of chemo though so I'm not sure if that is why my counts declined -- during chemo they bumped up after I started these particular herbs after round 2. My MO was a bit concerned about it so I'm going to be watched

A friend of my father who has been practicing in oncology for over 50 years saw my blood labs yesterday and said that takes around 2-3 months for your blood to recover and that most people do. It was freaking me out. We will see...
agness is offline   Reply With Quote