View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
sheismyhero

Lee, Thanks for your encouragment. There are times I get anxious. Mostly due to the time span between the diagnosis and the beginning of the treatments. The fear of matastisizing is overwhelming. I can only immagine what is going on in her mind. Then there was the time we drove to St. Louis (2 hours) for a doctors appointment to be told that we did not have an appointment. She had received a notice of the appointment in the mail but that did not seem to matter. I could very well have let my anger get the best of me but my thought was what effect my causing a scene would have on my wife. After a few minutes of discussion we were able to speak with the nurse and was told we could wait two hours to see the doctor. Its ws hard to put the thought of the situation behind us but in order for us to look focus on the future we have to forget and forgive. Looking back on the first time my wife had surgery for cancer, the 16 hours I spent in the waiting room taught me a great deal about patients. I guess the moral of the story is that being a caregiver goes much farther than material needs. Lee thanks for the feedback and encouragment.
sheismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote