View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Bill

Hey, Bob, it's good to have you here, and thanks for giving us a little more info. I can already tell that you are a good man and I'm sure that others will agree. You have done your homework and the mere fact that you are here on this site speaks volumes. It's great that you try to be with her for all appointments, but, let's face it, in this day and age, that's almost impossible. I'm sure it means so much to her that when you can be there, you are, and when you can't, you have a good friend that can. You shouldn't feel guilty. And when neither of you can be there with her, make sure that you call as soon as you can and check how it went. If you haven't done so already, start a journal/notebook where you can jot down questions and thoughts. Always have it with you. The advice that you got from the internet "shut up and listen", that is valid for when your wife/girlfriend/partner is speaking, but when the doc is speaking, and you have a question, pipe up immediately. In my opinion, as those concerns and questions arise with the doc., they need to be addressed right then and there, as opposed to trying to back-track. Bob, I know that you want to do as much as you can for her, but like you said, lesson learned. Here on this site, we like to know where people live, so that we may be able to offer more help and support. Where do you guys live? (I promise I won't try to sneak into your garage and borrow stuff)