View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
sheismyhero

Bill, Thanks for the warm welcome.

When she was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I felt I must educate myself on the subject. I found many great web sites and picked up several books.

I try to attend all appointments with her. However there are times when my attendance is just not possible. I do harbor some guilt for not going with her. Thankfully we have a very good friend is willing to attend in my abscents.

One of the bits of information I found on the internet was "shut up and listen". This is where I am afraid I will overstep my boundaries. When to bite my tongue and when not. I only offer input when I feel she has left something out or when I feel that a question has not been explained to its fullest.

When it comes to doing for her, she says "I'm not helpless" and that I don't have to do all the work around the house. Our opinions differ on that subject. I feel there is much more that I can do. I tend to want to take as much of the stress out of her life as I can. I recently ask her if she should take off work and then it dawned on me that that is her descision to make not mine. Lesson learned.

I appreciate having a place to come and express my feelings, gain knowledge and support.

Thanks for listening...Bob
sheismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote