View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Tricia! I have done the same as you several times as I see those who I thought would do better and did not. But I so agree with Becky. there is so much we don't yet know. And I have begun to believe that it is so important how our bodies deal with the treatment and what treatment we are given. So much is choosing the best choice but with no real answer. I took a ton of chemo to hopefully cover more bases, but I also know that if it worked, I'm good, but if not, it may come back. We just don't have the answers. I also think that some of us get more supervized care than others. Some of our doctors are as diligent as we are and check out every little thing, while others go with other plans.
I don't have an answer, but I know it makes me really mad to keep losing great girl friends! I just keep reading and trying to be a good steward of this 'ol body of mine. And most of all, I'm learning how to tell those I care about that I do!
God bless you as you walk through the journey of finding peace about this bc "thing" we deal with. I, like so many others, am trying to find life without always thinking about bc. Much love, ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote